There are a very large number of books in English on the Alexander Technique and its application in various fields: music, running, swimming, horse riding etc.
My personal favourites as an introductory text are:
- Body Learning – Michael Gelb (Aurum Press)
- Alexander Technique – Chris Stevens (MacDonald Optima)
- The Alexander Principle – Wilfred Barlow (Arrow Books)
- The Alexander Technique, a skill for life – Pedro de Alcantara (Crowood)
Alexander wrote an account of how the Technique originated which is worth reading.
- The Use of the Self – F.M. Alexander
The Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (UK), has a web page with details of available books and links to other sites: